fiction in a flash

6.01.2012

piles of ash, drifts of snow

piles of ash, drifts of snow, things come, things go. where are you tonight? where is the light? where did the light go? I miss you. I miss knowing if you miss me too. too much distance has grown like a dense and humid jungle between our hearts. who will travel from one end to the other, knowing what pain awaits? a journey like that, who has the courage? I do, but I don't know if you'll welcome me at the other end. I don't know if the scorpion bites will be met with a healing touch. will you welcome me, heart-heavy-body-bruised-jungle-weary? will you take my hand? or will you turn to walk down to the beach, cold beer bottle in one hand drip drip dripping, tit of a bouncy blonde babe in another drip drip dripping. it's all of no consequence to you babe, you bask in your glory. so busy basking in your glory. the glory comes and goes babe, like waves on the sand. your fire may burn bright babe, but eventually anything that burns turns to ash. piles of ash, drifts of snow, things come, things go.

No comments:

by