fiction in a flash

5.27.2008

christina

we own her we think as we walk west down wilshire towards the tar. I step in gum. they keep walking. christina has no idea we are coming. I yell to my forward moving posse in their matching outfits, I'm stuck. they return to me to scrape and ponder the inconsideration. and on we move again, my left heel sticking slightly as I walk. we are getting close and I am formulating my sentence - my sentence will join the ranks of great sentences. I am hoping together we will deliver something weighty and wise. we are walking in silence and I wonder what they are thinking? I am thinking I need this and that should be all that is needed for the getting and I should get this because it is mine for the taking. christina has promised for how many summers that we could meet her famous father? it's time, we've waited too long. we're not getting any younger. we will be freshman next year.

No comments:

by